As usual its been busy busy busy!! but loving every minute of it :) Heather had her Urban Acrobatic show case at Citrus College over the weekend and if this video ever loads you can see our little ninja in action :) She has so much fun and is learning some great skills .
As I was looking up some info on her schools website I came across a little note saying that we could go to the local nursery and buy a plant to donate to the new 2 acre arboretum our little city is building! I was so excited! Not only do we get this beautiful arboretum in our city which just happens to be by the school, we get to go to the nursery :) I love seeing the flowers and all the creative ways they mix and match them. Its relaxing
Love the coy pond.. they are huge! and so many of them. This is the larger pond . They have turtles too which are very friendly if they see you have a food dish in your hand. The nursery gives the kiddos cups of fish food and its sooo fun to watch the fish and turtles.
I really liked the giraffe .. how clever
Heather was making friends w/ the turtles, we named quiet a few of them.
This is the Matilija Poppy aka the fried egg poppy.. isnt it pretty! This is the flower we chose for the arboretum. Its a natural poppy of so cal and its really pretty in bloom and pretty nice when its not. I think Heather liked the name mostly =)
Here's our little ninja after the showcase doing the official ninja dab! She was really proud of how well she did and we were too. It's always nice when you can see them in action and show off all the hard work they do.
Here's a shot from them doing part of their warm up routine.. she really loves doing back bends. Something I learned about back bends.. I always thought they were to help stretch your back but they are actually for your shoulders. The coaches are so good at explaining the exercises so the kids do them right. COG is a wonderful facility!!!
Now.. time to get ready for summer!! yeah!!






How fun is the arboretum! I will have to find out where that is! There wasn't a video but I bet she did an awesome job!! It is really fun when they have a strong passion for something and you get to watch them excel in it. Maybe we will finally get to plan a play date this summer?? =)
ReplyDelete